Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Macbook pro retina 2013 won't stay asleep

When I put it to sleep by closing the cover or by selecting sleep, it sometimes stays asleep, but mostly not. The worst thing is I sometimes find it with the fan running on high, very hot, and when I lift the lid and log in (it requires me to loging twice), I check the Activity Monitor and it shows at the top, using the CPU, 5 "ManagedClient" processes, each using 100% of the CPU. Something is very wrong. Several times after being asleep, it had obviously restarted and as message on a plain screen said "Your computer was restarted because of a problem" - still an issue but not as bad as the first one I described. I also find, after any and every problem - which threre have been many of, the computer will not restart or shut down. It goes as far as the spinning wheel and stays there and I have to Force power down.

Any expert help here would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), New 2013 model 15inch, 1 T SSD

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 8:23 PM

1 reply

My new Macbook pro retina 2013 won't stay asleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.