Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITT: tips/discussion on 'other' under storage tab

I know this thing has been troubling a few of us, so i made this thread dedcated to deal with this problem.

If anyone has anything to contriboot you are welcome to teach us more.

User uploaded file

As you can see in pic above, I have well over 50 GB long of that yellow light saber- which really ***** considering that I've only got 128 GB of storage, decided to downlaod some games and boost up preformance, i start digging ways to get rid of that thing.User uploaded file

Download a few programmes that people recommended, they are either too advance for a noob like me or i just don't know how to use it.

Turn out I've 10GB+ of iOS apps saved on my computer for some reason-best yet, I've already deleted almost all of them from my phone, so they are just stored on my mac and does nothign but take up sapce.

This is all I've got so far, you can also dumped your words/ ppt into google drive to free up your computer space.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 8:11 PM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2013 8:20 PM in response to arnoldc6

Yes. I can see you have LOTS of videos, MPG4 , lots of documents (quite a lot!), Itunes downloads and associated files.

I can see TOP of your list 60GIGS of data that dont need to be on the Mac, rather on an external HD in you list

your top 4 file listings by size.

Itunes, vids, docs, etc.

(obviously you want SOME of those still on the computer)

offload much of that onto a portable external HD for packing around.

See here for answer about the OTHER which is taking up space:

http://pondini.org/TM/30.html

and here:

http://pondini.org/OSX/DiskSpace.html

See Kappys excellent note on the rest of “other” files taking up your space:

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

ITT: tips/discussion on 'other' under storage tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.