Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't use my Ipad because a pop up is asking me for my Apple ID password but when I write it and press Ok the pop up message keeps appearing! It doesn't let me do anything on my Ipad. I also have an Iphone and it is not doing this.

I cannot use my Ipad because Im getting a pop up asking for my Apple ID password but when I enter it the pop up just keeps coming back and doesn't go away. It pops up every second it doesn't let me do anything on my Ipad not even turn on WiFi! The account and pasword are correct in fact I can use them fine on my Iphone. I have tried restarting my Ipad and turning it of, it doesn't work! What is happening and what can I do to fix it?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 10:08 PM

11 replies

Jun 14, 2017 9:15 PM in response to Natbub61

Worked! Thank you!

Was really quite afraid to enter my AID on the messages screen, because all other Apple apps worked fine withOUT any password required. So many bugs/viruses coming through FB and Twitter now, and my calendar has a million things in Chinese on there, too. I had turned off my iCloud sharing because of that.

Thing is, messages had been sharing across the old iPad mini and the iPhone for two years, and suddenly two days ago the ID Required white badge kept showing up.

Maybe because the software is older & cant be updated? Don't know, but I do t want to change my AID or PW because I will never forget this one.

Thanks again!

May 20, 2014 9:00 AM in response to Diavonex

Same problem for me.

1. Cannot connect to wifi as icloud password pop up keeps appearing.

2. tried deleting account. UNable to do so.

3. tried resetting password by logging into apple id through desktop as mentioned in one of the responses in another thread. Unfortunately the apple id to be reset is the same as being prompted by icloud and hence unable to reset the same.

Feel like breaking the **** ipad into bits. Stupid of apple to let such a bug in and not offer support !!

Jul 26, 2015 6:15 AM in response to Andrea2724

I don't know if this helps, I hope this solution works for me.

reboot device (hold down power button + home key) u til it shuts down

power up device after few minites, type in access code at lock screen if required.

then got to settings, got to I icloud tab and press on Id.

My password was missing there, no dots to represent a registered password.

I typed in my iCloud password, checked my iTunes password was input too and all seems ok for now.

i Think the password prompt was popping up after I installed 8.4 update in July 2015, it seemed to have wiped account details, maybe it's a security

precaution.

I can't use my Ipad because a pop up is asking me for my Apple ID password but when I write it and press Ok the pop up message keeps appearing! It doesn't let me do anything on my Ipad. I also have an Iphone and it is not doing this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.