Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I get a second I cloud email address?

How can I get a second icluod address?

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 12:45 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2013 1:54 AM in response to ikikiwallace

You can add up to three 'email aliases' - these are additional addresses (not accounts) which deliver into the same inbox as the main account. (In fact it's a good idea to give out alias addresses, rather than the main address, because if they attract spam you can easily change them.) (New aliases can only be @icloud.com ones; @me.com addresses cannot now be created.)

You should be aware before you start that once you've created an alias you cannot turn that address into a full iCloud account or move it to another account, and if it has @mac.com or @me.com versions these cannot be reinstated once deleted.

More information on aliases here: http://help.apple.com/icloud/#mm6b1a490a

Jul 30, 2015 4:30 PM in response to ikikiwallace

Actually, if you want, you can create an entire new icloud.com email address rather than an alias. I was stumped on how to do it but I finally figured it out! This is if you already use apple mail program on your Mac or iDevice. I have found NO other way online and no answers in any thread.

Here are the steps...

1) Go into Mail system preferences either by (Apple menu, preferences, Mail) or via the Mail app.

2) Click the + button as if adding an existing email account.

User uploaded file

3) Chose iCloud and hit continue.

User uploaded file

4) Hit "Create Apple ID..."

User uploaded file

5) Enter your locations and DOB and then hit "Next"

6) Chose "Get a free iCloud email address" and then fill in the questions... It will tell you if the name you want is taken or not. (p.s, I unclick "Email Updates" as I already get those on my other account.

User uploaded file

The rest is pretty self explanatory (but I will show just in case) 🙂

7) provide the security questions and enter Rescue email - I used my other apple email address

User uploaded file

8) Click the box to agree to terms and BOOM... you got a new apple email address. Unfortunately, there is no way to get a @me or @mac account... however, you can give out your new email address using @me.com instead of @icloud.com and it will work too 🙂

User uploaded file

HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE LOOKING FOR THIS INFO LIKE I WAS!!!

how can I get a second I cloud email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.