Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I only want to upgrade to iOS 6, not 7, it won't let me do this wirelessly and I have no laptop. How do I upgrade to 6 anyway but not 7?

Please help, I really don't like Apple's cloud software and wish to avoid it and refuse to participate in it for etical opinion. I need to upgrade to iOS 6 but refuse to use the iCloud service.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, please help

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 1:02 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2013 12:43 PM in response to Rio89

1. You don't need to refuse to enable iCloud...just don't use it. Where did you get the idea that you were required to? Of course by not enabling it, your phone is as good as gone should it get stolen, as you will not be able to track it in any way using Find My iPhone.

2. Only the latest version of the iOS available for your model of phone is available. You cannot update to iOS 6

I only want to upgrade to iOS 6, not 7, it won't let me do this wirelessly and I have no laptop. How do I upgrade to 6 anyway but not 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.