Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whilst moving location of iTunes to external hard drive, I lost my iTunes Media folder and now it can't find my media files

Whist moving my iTunes folder to an external hard drive, (I was following this post: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1364) I seem to have accidentally deleted the itunes Media folder - I misread the last action point!

All the files transferred to the external hard drive as I can see them and I am able to copy them into itunes, but only links, and they're still organised.

Can anyone help me restore the folder structure so itunes can see the music?

I added a new cd to itunes so I could see where it is now saving music and it created a new folder where the music now resides (I guess as a deleted the file structure from previous it needed to create a new one). I thought I would be able to copy and paste the old music into this newly created fold but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Any advice on what I should do would be greatly received

(I'm using windows vista)

Windows Vista

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 1:36 AM

There are no replies.

Whilst moving location of iTunes to external hard drive, I lost my iTunes Media folder and now it can't find my media files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.