Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 suddenly stops working with dock and car

Hi,

I've been using my iPhone 5 in my car (Pioneer Appradio 2) and on my dock (Logitech Purefi Anywhere 2) via the lightning to 30-pin adapter without any problems for some time now. All of a sudden when I plug in the phone to either the dock or the car it will charge, and the car even displays the playing track, but I get no sound from either device. I have tried two different lightning to 30-pin adapters with no luck, and I have also tested the dock and car devices with an old ipod and they work fine.

I haven't changed anything on the phone recently, been working with ios 7 for some time now. Could anyone provide any suggestions for what might be wrong?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 1:20 AM

10 replies

Dec 17, 2013 10:08 PM in response to wegras

My phone is having the exact same issue. I went to the Apple store today and they said to restore it as a new device, which I've done. Still not working with the dock (clock didn't update and music doesn't play through the dock). Dock works fine with other devices, both with and without the 30-pin to Lightning adapter. Phone worked as it should on a dock at the Apple store. It's just this phone and this dock, for some reason. Apple could find no issues with the phone.

I'm really at a loss here.

Dec 19, 2013 2:46 AM in response to tinners_uk

I went into the Apple store yesterday, and similarly to you they tested it with a dock in store and it worked. This dock however was a direct lightning connection, which makes me think the problem is with my phone connecting to lightning to 30 pin adapters. The store swapped my adapter for a new one but this hasn't fixed the problem.

My phone is still under warranty so I plan to go back to the Apple store and have them replace it, as it is definitely not working as it should.

Dec 19, 2013 11:53 AM in response to tinners_uk

I have a USA Spec VW adapter that randomly experienced the same problem. I'm not familiar with the Pioneer, but what I had to do on the USA Spec was switch it over to manual mode - the device had 2 modes; 1 that allowed for control of the iPhone (based on playlists) through the car stereo's 'preset' buttons, and the other mode allowed for just manual control from the iPhone itselft

Try looking if the Pioneer has options like that.

iPhone 5 suddenly stops working with dock and car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.