Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks Losses Signal to Video

Since upgrading to Mavericks, my Mini Mac frequently has a lost HDMI signal to the monitor. I have to unplug everything and wait awhile for it to come back on. This happened again last night while I listening to a school lecture and playing Free Cell. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I keep this from happening.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 3:25 AM

17 replies

Dec 17, 2013 9:41 AM in response to Linc Davis

I bought a new monitor that had HDMI ports thinking the problem may have been with the HDMI/DVI adapter. I tried a different HDMI cable. I've tried unplugging the HDMI cable from both the monitor and the Mac Mini and then replugging them back in. I have 2 HDMI ports on the back of my monitor and have tried moving the HDMI cable between the two ports. The only thing that works to get the signal back is to unplug both the Mini Mac and the monitor then wait and plug them back in and turn the Mini Mac back on.

I just finished running the utility to repair disk permissions. Will wait and see if that helped any.

Dec 17, 2013 10:10 AM in response to gungholady

Will wait and see if that helped any.

It won't. You've probably ruled out everything except an internal hardware fault or a bug. However, you can try the following.

Boot in Recovery mode. From the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, reboot as usual and post the results.

Mavericks Losses Signal to Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.