Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent random Apple Wireless Keyboards from connecting to my MacBook

I work in an office with several Macs and most people use Magic Mice and Apple Wireless Keyboards. Ever since upgrading to Mavericks, I've had the problem that a random Apple Wireless Keyboard somewhere in the office is trying to connect to my Mac. I've had the Mac since it was new and have only ever used one keyboard with it. The Bluetooth pairing code pops up every few seconds and is making it impossible to work. I've tried restarting the computer, I've tried resetting the PRAM, I've tried disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth, but nothing makes it go away. Everyone near me has even turned off their keyboards (which were paired with their own Macs) and it still hasn't helped. Our office is too big and there are way too many Macs and Apple Wireless Keyboards to ask everyone to turn theirs off until we figure out which keyboard it is through process of elimination.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Can I somehow turn off discoverable mode in Mavericks (couldn't find it in the settings)? This problem is driving me nuts and is really making it impossible to work!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: just in case it's necessary, I'm using a 13" MacBook Pro from mid-2012.

Message was edited by: eiskalteschatten

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 5:50 AM

There are no replies.

How to prevent random Apple Wireless Keyboards from connecting to my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.