Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Mavericks and Logic Pro 9

I upgraded the OS to Mavericks. Now I go to use Logic Pro 9 and all my software instruments have disappeared. Where are they? It also no longer recognizes my external Behringer UMA255 keyboard any more.

Any ideas how I can reinstate the software library or install a driver for the keyboard?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 9:09 AM

SI's should not have vanished with the upgrade to Mavericks... so something else is going on with your system...

Which SI's exactly are missing? Really all of them including Logic's built in ones.. or just 3rd party ones?

The UMA 255 doesn't use drivers does it?

Have you contacted Behringer for help?

22 replies

Dec 16, 2013 9:56 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

As far as I can see I've lost the entire software instruments library. I've just started Logic for the first time since upgrading to Mavericks and all I have are 16 midi channel presets in the library under GM Instruments.

No, the UMA 255 cetainly has never needed a driver before (though I've never been able to get full functionality with Logic re control surfaces etc.)

Nope, I've not contacted Behringer, I have to admit...

Dec 16, 2013 1:47 PM in response to WestCorkMan

Are you using Logic Pro 9.1.8 which is the only version of LP9 that is fully compatible with Mavericks?

Also, did you let LP9 rescan the plugins.. If you are not sure... open the Audio Units Manager found under preferences in LP9's menu bar...and see if any of your missing plugins are listed there..

If not, quit LP9, delete the AudioUnit cache and launch LP9 again so it does a full rescan...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1086?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

(This is for LP8 but it works the same in LP9)

Apr 22, 2014 7:43 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

I restarted Logic (9.1.8) for the first time after updating to OS X Mavericks. (2010 iMac quad)

A notification pops up listing missing plugins (that is, just for this project so far; I'm guessing there are different ones missing for other projects), including CS-80V, KTGranulation, OrangeVocoder. I think these are all 32bit plugins, which previously required the 32bit bridge to function.

Is that the issue? That 32bit plugins now won't load/work at all? Ouch.

Apr 22, 2014 7:58 AM in response to noisyblocks

9.1.8 (in 64bit mode) under Mavericks.. still supports 32bit plugins..... via the 32 to 64bit bridge built into LP9

I use LP9 under Mav every day without any 32bit plugin issues...(other than the basic instability of the 32 to 64bit bridge which has always been the case!)

So,

Have you checked to see if they are correctly validated in the AU manager?

Problems with Mavericks and Logic Pro 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.