Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Classic is not syncing to my Mac. When I plug it in, it tells me the servers do not support it or something along those lines. It is an iPod Classic 8g, and I bought it used for 30. Any help????

Today I bought an iPod Classic 8gb for 30 quid. When I bought it (used) of of a friends, it played music fine, I could listen to it, and it worked ok. So I go home to reset it so I can put my account on it, and sync it with all my music I have (I want to use it when I hit the gym instead of using my iPhone), but when I plugges it in and restored it, it finished the restoration but NOW it wont let me sync all of my stuff on to it, and the iPod is completely black. I restored it to Factory settings, it shouldnt be doing this???? When I plug it in , I get an error that says

"The iPod software update server could not be contacted. The server does not support this version of iTunes."

Makes me pretty ticked off, like honestly how ******* old is this ******* iPod???

Im also running version 10.9 on my MacBook Pro

Picture: http://imgur.com/nTeiJzO

iPod classic, OS X Server

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 7:55 AM

3 replies

My iPod Classic is not syncing to my Mac. When I plug it in, it tells me the servers do not support it or something along those lines. It is an iPod Classic 8g, and I bought it used for 30. Any help????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.