Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue in Rear Camera application

I bought an iPhone 5 in January this year. Last month, I observed a small line just right to the centre of the screen whenever I launch my rear Camera app.

Each time when I click a photograph using my rear Camera app, this red small curvilinear line can be easily seen.

My question is- Since my iPhone is well under warranty till the 3rd week of January 2014, what remedy would Apple provide to me-getting the Camera fixed or replacing my current phone with a new iPhone 5 ?

Would Apple issue me a new iPhone 5 keeping in mind that they have discontinued the sale of the same. In that case what should be done ?

Will I get a new iPhone 5C or the same iPhone 5 or any other option ?

Comments please.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 8:34 AM

9 replies

Dec 17, 2013 12:24 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Like I bought my phone from SFO city. Can I get an extended warranty by paying some extra dollars as I supposedly beileve that Apple care is available in San Francisco.

One more question- How much time will be taken by Apple to replace my phone as I would be present in the United States for a very short stint, some 5 to 6 days. Will they test check my phone right away when I visit Apple Store Or will they take some more days to issue me a new iPhone.

I'm asking all these questions because I wanted you to know that I hail from India & might be visiting San Francisco in January next year.

Issue in Rear Camera application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.