Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager 3 - Expired Code Signing Certificate

On December 10th I noticed I was unable to enroll new devices or perform any tasks with existing enrolled devices, using Profile Manager 3.

After a few troubleshooting ideas I realized that I had an expired Code Signing Certificate. I checked my calendar and sure enough, December 10 is the day the server was initially setup (and no, I did not get an alert 30 days ahead of time as the documentation says I would, but I'm not making that my excuse-I should have paid more attention). So it seems like a disaster, I have basically lost all interactive capabilities with my enrolled devices.

The more I read though, it seems like I am almost in the exact same position I would be in if I had renewed the certificate. According to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5358 if you read the last paragraph titled "Additional Information" it seems to say that all ios devices need to be re-enrolled even if the certificate is renewed on time.

That doesn't do me much good. In my experience, a lot of the people I assign devices to have trouble switching inputs on their projectors or remembering their email passwords. There is no way I can expect them to re-enroll their device with our server.

Is it true that ios devices are only enrolled in Profile Manager for 1 year? No matter what?

The concept of Profile Manager seems good, but every time I get a glimpse of productivity or success it just gets yanked away from me.

ANY TIPS APPRECIATED!!

Thanks,

--Dan

iPad 2, OS X Server, Mavericks, Profile Manager

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 9:32 AM

There are no replies.

Profile Manager 3 - Expired Code Signing Certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.