Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Lacie ehd won't eject-must force quit, ideas please?

I'm at a loss. I've not had any issues with this drive, til recently. It's a Lacie d2Quadra v3. I can't get it to eject properly, nor when i tried to move the data back onto my internal to re-save to a different ehd, it just stalls.

hope this is enough info for someone to help

thanks in advance!

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Using EHD to store Aperture/iphoto

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 12:08 PM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2013 6:37 PM in response to Eustace Mendis

hi eustace-thanks for the info. i had already run DU, but not on the ehd, just my imac. i need to set up reminders to do this regularly, as there was a lot of repairs.

at any rate, i completely disconnected the ehd after shutting down my computer, reattached, and everything seems to be in working order now. i did go ahead and try your suggestion, however, DU said it appears "ok", so go figure?

thanks again

Dec 22, 2013 7:59 AM in response to 1macprincess!

I consistently have this problem with EHD's. It appears to be a problem when the EHD spins down and the OS (10.9.1) gets unhappy waiting for the EHD to spin back up. The only cure I have found is to restart the computer which will release the OS and the EHD and make everything happy again. Apple needs to take a look at this problem.

I have a couple of ThunderBolt SSD EHD and I never have this problem with them as they never sleep. You just can't get sufficient size and they are very expensive.

My Lacie ehd won't eject-must force quit, ideas please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.