Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPad Air as Sat Nav

I'll try and keep it straight to the point. I wanted to use an iPad Air as a Sat Nav (amongst other things). Purchaed myself a 16GB WiFi model am now realising that was a bad decision, as I thought both the WiFi and WiFi + Celluar both had GPS, but they dont (my bad)

So I have a few questions with regards to the map functionality itself. Im not sure if it's because im using a WiFi only iPad or not, and wanted to verify before I took the plunge and purchased a WiFi + Celluar model

So these are the things that dont seem right on my WiFi only iPad, and wanted some clarification if it is purely because it has no celluar or not.

1) Cannot find location

This works if I tether to my phone, so am confident this is an issue with the iPad being WiFi only

2) No Turn-By-Turn Voice Navigation

Even when tethered to my iPhone 4 and the location is updated

3) No ETA displayed

4) No Volume control for voice navigation, which I have seen on some screenshots

5) This is something I have had an issue with on my iPhone 4 also - The map never points in the right direction. For example, I could be driving down a 2 mile straight, and rather than maps plotting my direction from the bottom of the screen towards the top (the way google maps always does - and the way I want), the map will be going from left to right, and it gets very disorientating / confusing. I imagine this is something to do with calibration. I calibrated on the first startup of maps, and maybe I didnt quite do it right, but I dont know how to re-calibrate it.

6) A more general question. If I got directions from point A to B on my iPhone 4 (Currently on iOS 6), can I then "share" or AirDrop this route to my iPad, and if so, how ?

7) Is there any way for me to navigate to the location that a picture was taken ?

Sorry for all the questions, but your help will be greatly appreciated.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, iPad Air

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 12:10 PM

There are no replies.

Using iPad Air as Sat Nav

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.