Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This item is temporarily unavailable - Try again later" (Dec 2013)

A few days ago, I reset my imac (21.5 inch - mid 2010) to factory settings, and now I cannot download from iTunes, music that I've brought.

When I first opened iTunes, it was empty (of course), so I tried pressing the "Check for Available Downloads" button and a window popped up saying "All purchases have been downloaded for this Apple ID", but, my library was still empty, and it was not downloading anything.

After searching on some forums and looking through some posts, I finally managed to make the albums/music show up in my library: I activated "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases". Now that the music was in the library, I though I'd be able to play it, but no... Instead when either trying to double click the albums to start the music or when I tried to press the iCloud image in the top-right of the album covers, and error showed up (image below). I looked, again, on the internet for suggestions or solutions, but couldn't find any. I only saw post back from 2010 with similar problems, and the instructions there seemed a little bit outdated (I tried them anyways, but didn't work - not surprised)

I have checked the app store, and everything seems to be updated to the latest version...

User uploaded file

As you can see on the screenshot, it tries downloading the music, but is failing and the status goes from " -- loading bar --" to "stop". "Resuming" just restarts the process.

Need help ASAP.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 1:07 PM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2013 7:21 AM in response to mentin2

Hey there Mentin,

It sounds like you are having difficulty downloading a previous purchase or two from the same album but others work fine. I would try signing out of the iTunes Store, then restart your computer, sign back in and try again.

Sign Out:

Choose Store > Sign In (or Sign Out).

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12299

If the issue persists, I would next reach out to our iTunes Store support and report an issue:

How to report an issue with your iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store purchase

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1933

1. Find the email receipt for your purchase.
  2. Click Report a Problem under the app that is having the issue.
  3. When prompted, enter the Apple ID and password you used to purchase the item, then click Report a Problem.
  4. Click Report a Problem next to the item you are having an issue with.
  5. From the Choose Problem dropdown menu, choose the appropriate issue.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions and—if prompted—type a description of the problem into the text field.
  7. Click Submit to have your issue reviewed.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Dec 19, 2013 9:32 AM in response to sterling r

Hey Sterling,

Thank you for the fast reply, but you must have misunderstood something. I cannot download any album, or any songs at all. I tried to log off, restart the computer, log in and try again, but it didn't work, same message pops up and nothing gets downloaded. So since the error is still persisting, should I try your second suggestion? (reporting the issue)

It's been like that since I reset my mac to factory settings, resetting it again is not an option at this point :/

Thanks again for the suggestions, but is there something else I can do that might work?

Isak

Dec 21, 2013 9:53 AM in response to sterling r

Never mind!

When launching iTunes today, I tried again to press the iCloud button in the top-right corner of the album, and it worked!

I saw a notification about some updates, went to the appstore and updated everything, and now it seems to work! It may be a coincidence but at least it works now!!

Thanks for the help though sterling r!

Mar 7, 2014 3:21 AM in response to mentin2

I had the same issue earlier and found what was causing it.

I removed my external HDDs, usb devices then restarted osx logged back in and I was able to check my appstore updates.

Ive read an issue earlier about spotlight and indexing affects appstore in some way and realized I had an HDD in NTFS which I thought was not indexed by spotlight since its "read only".

I hope this info helps 🙂.

"This item is temporarily unavailable - Try again later" (Dec 2013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.