Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview freeze when scrolling

Hi,

When I scroll the pdf in the Preview in Maverick, sometime It will freeze suddenly. And if I move the pointer out of the preview then move it back in, it works.

Does anybody know whats going on about this bug?

Sometimes its anoying.

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 1:50 PM

6 replies

Dec 18, 2013 1:48 PM in response to LeonHu

Hello Leon,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with scrolling in Preview on your MacBook Air. I recommend reviewing the following article for issues with applications freezing or becoming unresponsive:

OS X Mavericks: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13975

If the issue persists after reviewing the steps in that article, I recommend further isolating the issue by testing in a new user:

Isolating an issue by using another user account

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4053

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Feb 7, 2014 1:23 PM in response to LeonHu

I found a solution that has worked for me.

I found that under System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Mouse & Trackpad -> Trackpad Options, my "Scrolling" field was set to "without Inertia".

Switching that to "with Inertia" has fixed all my Preview scrolling woes. (I think that is the default setting for a new installation of OS X.) I don't particularly like the intertial scroll, but it clearly works much better than the "without inertia" scroll, which seems to fail in Preview right at the point in the algorithm when the inertial movement would normally be applied to the scrolling pane.

-S

User uploaded file

Jul 4, 2015 6:32 AM in response to LeonHu

Hi Everybody ,

Just to contribute has this problem , i have similar bug with my MBP 15 " retina late 2013 under various OS since to Maverick to the last Yosemite 10.10.4 including bêtas ..

My problem is little different , will be occur when are using one external Bluetooth mouse (Logitech with CCC updated drivers) in Safari . If i scrolling and mooving the mouse in the same time in the browser , the bug appear and crash only the Keyboard and the trackpad.. OS X continue running and external trackpad are in use (not internal).. very strange bug..

No crash events are created in crashlog system..

I have tried different settings for the mouse and accessibility options .. always same problem.

The solution for me , is forcing to reboot with the start button..

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks for helping

Preview freeze when scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.