Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having continuous wifi connectivity problems.

My MacBook Air keeps dropping wifi. All other devices (PC, iphone, AppleTV) on my home network connect fine. Wifi recently works sporadically on MacBook air though. I have to go to Network Preferences and run diagnostics to reestablish the wifi connection. Seems like there are similar problems out there with the Mid 2013 Airs. What should I do, stay put and hope for a software upgrage/fix. Or should I just bing it in to an Apple Store? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 2:00 PM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2013 10:43 AM in response to skdyyc

Hello skdyyc,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with Wi-Fi on your MacBook Air. I would be concerned about this too.

I recommend following the steps in the section labeled, "Symptom: The network connection drops unexpectedly" in the following article to resolve an issue like the one you described:

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4628

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Community.

Best,

Sheila M.

Having continuous wifi connectivity problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.