Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LYCA:iMessage Activation fix on T-Mobile MVNO lycamobile yet?

Is there still no (database?) fix from Apple for getting iMessage to work on an iPhone with Lycamobile in the US?

The usual instructions don't work. It's widely reported that in the US, you "can't activate iMessage/Facetime on your number; your phone will send text to UK and keep trying but won't activate" (and if you don't have unlimited int'l SMS, it'll cost 'ya!)

It seems likely that part of the solution is for Apple to fix their system so that the activation works via a US SMS#. Lycamobile started out as a UK provider, and it looks like Apple still thinks that's what they are.

iPhone 4S with ios 7.0.2.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 4:34 PM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2013 3:16 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yeah, it does still work via email address, but a bunch of people are used to iMessaging me using my phone number. That was working fine up until I switched to using an iPhone. Then it stopped working. "my number" is my google Voice number. (I've tried switching it to my actual iPhone SIM card's #, but it doesn't help, and besides, that's not what I want. 😟😠

I'm concerned that when they try to do so now (e.g. by replying to an old iMessage), their messages will just disappear into the ether⚠

Sep 20, 2015 10:00 AM in response to MrElvey

First off I would like to say this will work with IOS 9 only. It will work with the following devices only.

iPhone 4s/5/5S/5C/6/6PLUS/6S/6SPLUS

1. Turn off iMessage in Messages make sure to sign out of your iCloud email.

2. Turn off Facetime in Facetime make sure to sign out of your iCloud email.

3. Reset network settings.

4. Go to messages and tap iMessage on.

5. Go to Facetime and tap Facetime on.

6. Your number will show up just like for my 2 iPhone 5's

7. Go settings tap Cellular and then tap Cellular Data Network

enter this following information:

Cellular Data:

APN: data.lycamobile.com

Username: lmus

Password: plus

LTE SETUP (OPTIONAL)

MMS:

MMSC: http://lyca.mmsmvno.com/wapenc.pac

WALA YOUR WELCOME 🙂 LYCA MOBILE USA FOR THE WIN!!!

CREDITS: ME I CAME UP WITH THIS FIX!!!

LYCA:iMessage Activation fix on T-Mobile MVNO lycamobile yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.