Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can only ONE Apple ID be associated with a computer every 90 days?

We have 3 family members who all sync our iPhones/iPads/iPods to the same computer. My son can't access and download past purchases from his iTunes acct to our computer, because it says ONLY ONE Apple ID can be associated with the computer every 90 days, and I just downloaded a movie this week from my own account. Now, my son has to wait 90 days to access his own purchases. I feel I should have access to my purchases any time I want, as should my son and any other family members who use this computer. The number of devices authorized to access iTunes Store purchases is already set to five (which we do not exceed) so, why this additional restriction? I don't understand why Apple would restrict me from accessing our own purchases.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 5:09 PM

5 replies

Dec 16, 2013 7:12 PM in response to roaminggnome

In a perfect world, yes, I would save everything to my computer. But, somehow over the past few years, four Mac computers, three external hard drives, and nine other Apple devices we've owned, somehow a few of our movies mistakenly got erased and sent to the cloud. So, we're still 82 days away from Apple allowing us access to the movies we purchased from them. I'm wondering if there is a way around this.

Mar 8, 2014 10:02 PM in response to t m k s

This bothers me so much. It is absolutely ridiculous. I use my Apple ID as well as a family member's Apple ID to download music.

Every once in a while I will purchase a song and it won't download correctly or will give me an error that my computer is not authorized, a solution I usually fix by deleting and redownloading the song from the cloud. This doesn't work, however, when it happens to both accounts within 90 days.

It is incredibly frustrating to me that I have paid for a song, it downloaded incorrectly, and I must wait 90 days to try downloading it again because of these assinine policies.

Why can only ONE Apple ID be associated with a computer every 90 days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.