Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sync PDFs which are download from websites ( not in the iTunes ) to my iPhone 5C ( ios7 ) which has the iBook.app installed?

I wanted to sync some PDFs from Mac to iPhone via itunes. I did't bought the books in iTunes or iBook store. Is there any solution? Thx.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 5:06 PM

9 replies

Dec 27, 2013 12:38 AM in response to King_Penguin

I just have no idea how to sync them via iTunes. I can't find the book I'd like to sync. I think the problem is the book wasn't download from the offical book store or iTunes store. Because I can see the book downloaded from iBook store. I solved this problem by using iTools. But I still want to know if the iTunes or iBook allows me sync the books that is not purches in the store. Cause sync with iTunes is always better than any other ways.

Dec 27, 2013 6:51 AM in response to PocketHood

I have the left-hand sidebar enabled on the Mac's iTunes (if it's not showing the option-command-S should get it to show), and when I connect a device I select it on that left-hand sidebar :

User uploaded file

And then on the left-hand side of the iTunes screen select the Books tab to select and sync ibooks, epubs and/or PDFs :

User uploaded file

As long as the book / epub / PDF is in your computer's iTunes library (File > Add To library will add them if they are on your Mac but not in iTunes ; if you have Mavericks on your Mac then you add them via File > Add To Library to the iBooks app on your Mac) then they should show on that tab for syncing.

Can I sync PDFs which are download from websites ( not in the iTunes ) to my iPhone 5C ( ios7 ) which has the iBook.app installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.