Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iFunBox - A big securoty Threat

Hi,

I have several "jailed" ios devices, i have synced them to one computer although different user account.

i downloaded the ifunbox application yesterday, and to my horror all the devices (which i previously synced on the same desktop)

appeared in the ifunbox window.

the story doesnt end here, not only was i able to access "ALL" the contents of any ios device as it was unlocked,

the family member using the device had no clue i was accessing all his contents while he was using the device.

the device just needs to be conencted on the same wifi for me to access the contents.

Shockingly. Even the photos hidden in pascode protected application were visible to me.

this is a major security risk on ios

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 8:26 PM

8 replies

Dec 17, 2013 4:17 AM in response to zabdulshaikh

If you have jailbroken your devices, you have basically disabled all the security. The only malware in existence for iOS can only affect jailbroken devices. This is not a "major security risk on iOS," it's a major security risk you have brought on yourself by entirely disabling your phone's security features.

Also, note that discussion of jailbroken iOS devices is strictly forbidden here. Do not be surprised if the moderators remove this discussion.

I would strongly recommend that you restore your iOS devices to factory settings, to remove the jailbreak and restore all the security.

Dec 17, 2013 5:28 AM in response to zabdulshaikh

There is no iFunbox app on iOS.

I found iFunbox for the Mac and installed it on a test system. I see nothing, despite my iPad and iPhone being on the same network. I'm guessing that this means the devices need to be connected physically to the computer in order for iFunbox to access them, but I'm not willing to test that.

Note that it's not surprising for the app to be able to access a lot when connected physically. If it's able to access things stored by a password protected app, that should be taken as an indication that that app is not actually secure. If it were using encryption, it would not be possible for an app like iFunbox to access the data. This could make iFunbox a valuable tool in improving the security of your iOS device - assuming that the iFunbox app itself is trustworthy, which I know nothing about.

Dec 17, 2013 10:07 AM in response to thomas_r.

ifunbox is a windows 7 app.

let me explain a scenario, on a windows 7 PC

1) you have a iphone A which you sync with itunes on OS user account A.

2) you have a iphone B which you sync with itunes on OS user account B.

(two different phone's, two differnet OS User accounts)

3) I login on the same computer on OS user account C and launch ifunbox

Now when the Iphone A and Iphone B are connected to the same Wifi network as the Desktop PC

Both the Phone will appear under Iphone Box, With Me having complete Read/copy access to everything on both the iphone (photos, contacts, songs, application data: like photos secured using a App)

Scary isnt it ?

iFunBox - A big securoty Threat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.