Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail last update: all flags disappeared

After problems with mail rules... I was happy to see yesterday (16 Dec 2013) the update of the mail system for the MAC Book Pro 13 and 15" retina (gmail account problem, problem with rules not moving files any more etc.)

I just applied the update:

- still the same problem with the rules (which are not moving email to junk mail; I need to copy the mail to the junk folder and then to delete the mail from the inbox).

- but WORSE: all the flags on my emails were disappearing!!!!

and came back to that post 15 minutes after the original post...

All the flags reappeared !!! strange behaviour indeed: I have seen all the flags disappearing by groups, and then they are now all back!

but still the rules do not work as expected

yves

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 10:33 PM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2013 2:49 PM in response to Yvesfb

Had the issue since upgrading to 10.9.

I am running the 10.9.1 update released today.

POP Yahoo email.

I also tired recreating several of the rules (after deleting the existing ones) and, still no luck.

I fail to understand how apple can not fix this as it's been broken since the mavericks release of 10.9. Numerous people have filed bug reports, yet, still rules (a key functionality in Mail), remains broken.

Perhaps apple might be able to fix this before 2014 :)

mail last update: all flags disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.