Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Mac after failed Boot Camp installation

Hello,

I recently tried to install Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro using Boot Camp. Unfortunately, about a third of the way through the Windows installation process an error occured, something about not having the right Windows installation disk, and my laptop was set to restart.

The issue is that the laptop still restarts going into Windows 7, which is now an incomplete area of my laptop. My keyboard does not work, so I can not press shift or option to try to exit out of Windows 7 and open up my laptop as a Mac. Instead the laptop turns on, goes white (without the apple sign) and then goes to a black screen with the flashing icon in the top right for the typing cursor. Does anyone know how I can just turn on my mac and have it go straight to the apple portion again? I only devoted 50 gigs of the laptop to the windows, leaving 400 gigs free for the apple portion.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 5:50 AM

Power off the computer. Press and hold down the option key when powering up the computer until the boot manager appears. Select OSx from the Boot Manager.

2 replies

Can't open Mac after failed Boot Camp installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.