Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD is not working in Mavericks... what now?

I am very upset that iDVD is not working in Mavericks! I need the ability to burn DVDs for family who is unable to access the internet. Any patches or fixes available to make this software usable again? I am very disappointed that Apple would do this without warning users that previously purchased software would be incompatible with the new OS.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 11:14 PM

2 replies

Dec 28, 2013 8:39 AM in response to Klaus1

I am also having problems with iDVD under Mavericks. I have used iDVD for many years creating DVD's for family members and archiving our vacations. It worked great under Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion, but now Mavericks is a different situation.

I have two basic problems, (1) after importing the video I want to use, I play it back to preview and a small band shows up at the top of the screen that is not in sync with the rest of the screen. And (2) when showing a slideshow using standard jpegs there are color issues on playback. Help, I need my iDVD back!

iDVD is not working in Mavericks... what now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.