Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command+option+click no longer works?

Hi all.

I have always used the combination command+option+click a lot to switch app and hide all others. Last week, this combination stopped working in a few apps, and now it doesn't work anywhere. Either my computer has forgotten a few things, or there's been some strange background update that I'm not aware of. Anyone else with this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 4:28 PM

Same here. It seems random. Mail will not hide eventually, but if I quit it and reboot, it will work again. But then Messages won't do it even after rebooting it. It was flakey in Mountain Lion as well. I find it essential.

7 replies

Jul 13, 2015 11:10 AM in response to 750 H2C

I use this feature all the time too, and I was having this problem for the first time just this week (I am on OS 10.10.4). I quit each application in turn to see if the functionality returned, and it did not. I then restarted the computer, and lo and behold, it is back! Should have followed the "Did you switch it off and on again?" advice earlier! I have tested each of the applications that had been running prior to the reboot, and still no culprit. Even Word seems to be behaving. If I discover whodunnit I will let you know.

Command+option+click no longer works?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.