Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac 27 freezes and only mouse pinter moves

Hi,

I experience often a freeze of my IMac 27 running OS X 10.9. The freeze happens when I'm using safari and only the mouse pointer moves, everything else is freezed. The only solution is to reboot the IMac. I start experiencing this more after 10.9 update.

HELP!!!

Thanks a lot.

Andrea

<Image Edited by Host>

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 1:10 AM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2014 11:33 AM in response to ADMuir

The same problem with my iMac, same HD 4670 Radeon graphics card.

Bug has been present since 10.8.x, and usually manifests itself while using Chrome or scrolling web pages in Safari.

I can still remotely log into my mac via SSH, and try to collect 'sysdiagnose' files. However, 'shutdown' command won't succeed.

I suggest everyone files a bug report to apple and provides all necessary information required (for instance, system.log, which usually contains GPU Debug information, sysdiagnose dumps and system report).

Mar 19, 2014 9:38 AM in response to Andrea D.

Hello everyone,

I have the same probleme with my imac 27 mid-2011

I thought it was related with snow leopard, but I had upgraded to moutain lion, and now Mavericks, I still had the same trouble, the mouse and the keyboard freeze. The only solution is to shutdown the computer.

I have also a macbook, but never this problem on it! It seems to be an hardware problem ?

Imac 27 freezes and only mouse pinter moves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.