Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought and ipad out of town and when u charged it a lock screen came on saying to contact the own i called but its disconnected so i have no way of get a hold of him or her how would i restore or fix it plz i need help

I need help unlocking reply so i can scribe problem i pad screen say contact owner i called numbers off i bought this out of town on a business trip how do i fix this any one

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, Locked

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 2:34 AM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2013 2:44 AM in response to Ciscokid251

You're in a tough spot then. You've run into Activation Lock, an iOS 7 security feature designed to prevent activation of lost and stolen iDevices without the original owner's Apple ID credentials.

You can read more about it, and the steps needed for the owner to free ethe device so you can activate it. If the seller is unwilling or unable, you have probably purchased a lost or stolen device and you should report it to the police immediately.

Activation Lock

I bought and ipad out of town and when u charged it a lock screen came on saying to contact the own i called but its disconnected so i have no way of get a hold of him or her how would i restore or fix it plz i need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.