Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store doesn't work, and neither do my snow leopard or leopard install discs

The install discs work on any other computer but mine. They get all the way through and then claim corruption issue. Lion wouldn't install and neither will mavericks via the app store. Also my Logic 9 won't install via the app store. The only thing that works is the Panther original disc that came with the IMac.

I have been getting weird crashes and would love to zero this machine and put a fresh system on it - but Panther is my only option.

I have -

zapped Pram

Rebuilt permissions

Disconnected all external drives

Zapped Firmware

Reinstalled the Snow Leopard software update installer

Tried in safe mode

Tested Ram

in various combinations and order.

This is my Imac -

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.20f4

Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B63AB638F

Anyone have any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 8:17 AM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2013 11:17 AM in response to joemamawhite

Thank you for listing all the troubleshooting you have tried. Makes things so much easier.

Try the following:

Disconnect all devices from the computer then do the following:

Boot up from your system DVD (the one that originally came w/your iMac) while holding down the "c" key.

Select the language you wish to use, and then choose "Disk Utility" from the menu bar.

Your HD should appear in a panel on the left hand side of the window which opens. Select it and then click on the "repair disk" button in the right hand section of the window.

Once this process has been completed restart your computer and repair permissions directly from Disk Utility.

If Disk Utility is unable to complete the repair, you will need to use a stronger 3rd party utility like DiskWarrior, Techtool PRO (not Deluxe) or Drive Genius.

=====================

Make sure the DVDs are not dirty, smudged and/or scratched.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2000Mac doesn't start up from install disc

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2801Apple Computers: Troubleshooting the slot-loading SuperDrive

*** Your drive may need cleaning. Cleaning kits can be purchased from any store that sells CD/DVDs. ***

======================

Memory: 2 GB

Max out your RAM. Download Mactracker, look up your model iMac to determine the max amt your model can handle.

How large is your HD? How much space do you have left?

Make sure you meet all of the requirements for Maverick.

User uploaded file

App store doesn't work, and neither do my snow leopard or leopard install discs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.