Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to dump my photos from my phone onto my pc automatically, and then delete them from my phone. How do I do this?

My wife and I both have an iphone 4s. We have been taking photos, and now the space on our phones is maxed out. Is there a way for me to automatically dump the photos onto my computer, and delete photos on my phone so that I hog up the space with photos? It seems like this shouldn't be complicated, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to copy the photos to my pc, and then delete them from my phone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 8:26 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

4 replies

Dec 17, 2013 8:29 AM in response to ChristopherW.

Connect the phone to your computer and open whatever image capture application you have on the computer. An application you use to transfer photos from a camera to your PC should work with the iPhone. The computer will recognize the phone as a camera and allow you to copy photos to the computer, you can then keep or delete the photos from the iPhone.

I want to dump my photos from my phone onto my pc automatically, and then delete them from my phone. How do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.