Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iphone keep falling off tables?

It's very strange, when I've left my phone a good distance from the edge of a table it has ended up on the floor a few times. I've never seen it do it, but it has never coincided with a text or email, or anything else that could have caused it to vibrate. Has anyone else had the same experience?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2018 6:49 AM

I’ll Waste My Time Re-Stating The Facts . . . . . . The Surfaces (Multiple, Not Single) ARE Level. Checked With A Calibrated Spirit-Level. The Phone Is NOT Vibrating Due To An Alert. It’s Also NOT Ringing. It’s NOT Playing Music. It’s NOT Taking A Photo/Video. It Is Doing Nothing Other Than Resting On A Flat Surface And Graduly Moving Towards The Edge, Then Falling Off. Im Sure This Stands For Most, If Not All Of The Other People Who Are Experiencing This.

151 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2018 6:49 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I’ll Waste My Time Re-Stating The Facts . . . . . . The Surfaces (Multiple, Not Single) ARE Level. Checked With A Calibrated Spirit-Level. The Phone Is NOT Vibrating Due To An Alert. It’s Also NOT Ringing. It’s NOT Playing Music. It’s NOT Taking A Photo/Video. It Is Doing Nothing Other Than Resting On A Flat Surface And Graduly Moving Towards The Edge, Then Falling Off. Im Sure This Stands For Most, If Not All Of The Other People Who Are Experiencing This.

Dec 18, 2017 10:29 AM in response to razmee209

I thought we had some ghost in our house until I read so many other people having the same issue! For the past three weeks once or twice a day my wife’s phone flies off surfaces. On one instance it was in the middle of a large table nowhere near the edge, I turned my back and heard it crash on the floor. It’s done it on the toilet lid, on wooden surfaces, glass table, ceramic kitchen top. I don’t have vibration on, and whenever it occurs I check and I have no notifications!

I worry sooner or later it’s going to smash yet my phone, which is also an iPhone 8 Plus never does this! It’s on the same surfaces.

What an earth is going on!

Apr 6, 2018 12:08 PM in response to KiltedTim

Between seances and/or chanting 'with 108 beads on a string' whilst burning

imported coal-black incense, of least toxic questionable origins; Exorcists may

be least invasive, little fallout, and worth donations to their overall cause.

Do they cover class reunions, failed weddings, dog shows; or beer truck overturns?

These are important, not critical in use or proper care of dual-levitation iPhone shoes.😝

Good luck & happy trails! 🙂

User uploaded file

Mar 29, 2017 11:29 AM in response to Thegma

Thegma wrote:

I too have this problem, at first I thought I may have set it to close to the edge of the table, stool, sofa arm, sink, BUT no that is not the problem, I did a small at home independent study. When I set my phone on the table about 90 seconds later it just started moving to the edge of the table, so I then tried it again the study on the floor, yep it just started moving, So I got the level out and the the floor is level, the table is level... next study (again independent) I put a small particul of paper on the phone after putting it on the floor,,,, and I could see that the phone was not vibrating but was moving,,, what is causing this, I do not know! ButI do know it is happening a lot!

Poltergeists, gremlins, fairies, brownies, elves. All are suspect.

Mar 29, 2017 11:05 AM in response to Tigger1010

I too have this problem, at first I thought I may have set it to close to the edge of the table, stool, sofa arm, sink, BUT no that is not the problem, I did a small at home independent study. When I set my phone on the table about 90 seconds later it just started moving to the edge of the table, so I then tried it again the study on the floor, yep it just started moving, So I got the level out and the the floor is level, the table is level... next study (again independent) I put a small particul of paper on the phone after putting it on the floor,,,, and I could see that the phone was not vibrating but was moving,,, what is causing this, I do not know! ButI do know it is happening a lot!

Apr 15, 2018 10:53 AM in response to Charity020570

Most high-wire acts are by nature dangerous and those in training as well

as others with varying levels of experience approaching professional, are

advised to string a safety net beneath their expected performance stage.

User uploaded file

For you to simply set up your new iPhone X to repeatedly fall or gleefully

leap in attempt to flee its boredom ~ is not a sign of good stewardship.

Meandering devices could use a tether; perhaps in coordination with one

of those rubbery cases, so they're not as liable to slide off a steep edge.

Please be well advised that not all users of these go chasing after them.

..Check your own footwear and walking surfaces for safety as well..

User uploaded file

Sep 28, 2017 5:44 AM in response to tmcmacgirl

tmcmacgirl wrote:

Mine is doing the same thing. No vibration, no pets knocking it off, nobody walking by. I’ve been in the room both times and heard it fall. Last night it fell off the table while I was watching tv and this morning it fell off the table too. Both times it was completely on the table before it fell. It just slid off somehow.

Then I'd have to guess supernatural entities.

Oct 8, 2017 8:27 PM in response to Tigger1010

My Iphone 8+ falls off everything!!! I I think it's due to the speakers causing a vibration, but it falls off of static thing that do not move, counter tops, even fell off the bathroom counter into the toilet. The glass has shattered on the back, it's impressive that it lasted the few days I have had it, but it's just too slick. Asides from getting a case( sorta take the sexy sleekness out of the phone) anything else to do or is a flaw?

Anybody?

Oct 9, 2017 9:24 AM in response to cspechow

cspechow wrote:

or is a flaw?

How could it be a flaw? Unless the phone is possessed (I suppose one could make a case that that was a manufacturer's defect), how do you think it's jumping off of surfaces? It's being knocked or it's slipping due to being placed someplace unstable. Get a case. Anyone who finds you less attractive because your phone has a case on it isn't worth flirting with. Anyone who has amorous intentions toward your phone is simply disturbed.

Nov 2, 2017 6:12 AM in response to ToddBlue

ToddBlue wrote:

Mine iPhone 8plus falls off everything and I’m not getting messsges so there’s no vibration. I have to keep it on the floor because no matter what I put it on it eventually falls. I just got it and sure hope it doesn’t break someday because of this weird thing

I'll ask the aliens from Planet Zorg what they think. I'm having tea with them this afternoon.

Nov 2, 2017 8:31 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

It's funny to think of the phone jumping off of counter/tables everywhere as a joke. But my 1st Iphone 8+ did just that, it would fall off of everything. Again, it's funny. But, and this is why it's relevant and important to know why, when the back glass breaks there's no repairing the glass. The Apple store will, if you have AppleCare charge you $133 and offer up a new phone. If you dont have AppleCare, like myself, the repair it $429+ tax.

The back of the Iphone8 is too slick and it falls, at least my first one did, my second phone hasn't fallen off of anything!!

why does my iphone keep falling off tables?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.