Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X Custom Templates File Size Increase After Upgrade

I upgraded from Logic 9 to X. In Logic 9 I created a number of custom templates based on console emulation and track configuration of some famous studios, as well as signal and effects routing and processing. Anyway, after upgrading to Logic X I noticed that my old Logic 9 Templates had lost a lot of formatting - especially the assigned track color schemes (obviously due to the new limited color palette in X - that's another issue!) and some icons.

I decided to create NEW templates in Logic X that were consistent with my earleir ones in 9. HOWEVER, I find that the file size for the new custom templates in X is exponentially HUGE in comparaison with the originals created in Logic 9. Here's s screenshot from the templates Library to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

User uploaded file

Can anyone make any sense of why there's often such a great difference in file size for these new Logic X templates?????

Compare, for example, the file size for the "Empty 64 Track" I created in Logic 9 (635KB) vs "Empty 64 Track" for Logic X (909KB). A noticable but small difference, right?

Now compare the "Abbey Road REDD 51 Basic" in Logic 9 (1.7MB) vs "AR REDD 51 Basic" [i.e., same template with just new assigned track color choices due to change of color palette in upgrade] in Logic X: 1.04GB!!!!

What's going on here? What am I missing??? Why the huge difference for a template that is basically the same as before??

Thanks in advance!!!!

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 10:16 AM

There are no replies.

Logic X Custom Templates File Size Increase After Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.