Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the windows 8.1 DVD won't eject after failing to install due to a non NTFS partition?

Okay, I installed the windows 8.1 into the MacBook Pro cd drive after running boot camp, making the mistake of not formatting the partition into a NTFS simply because I was following the screen recommendations..

Now the black screen is stuck with the windows logo and is been over 30 minutes now and the DVD won't eject.

Thank you Apple or Microsoft for allowing me to waste my time this way, after expending so much money and time, as if it is to darned difficult for you guys to make this crap function with out a problem..

Oh! Let me guess, you want me to take this crap to a service guy in BestBuy so I can get charge more money to help your economies, what about my economy huh!

Or best said! What about the rest of the people who are going thru the same problems with your gadgets, what about their economies huh!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8), Windows 8.1 Installation

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 11:53 AM

10 replies

Dec 17, 2013 1:05 PM in response to DigitalFrustration

As has been said, Windows 8.1 isn't formally supported yet, though I have it installed on mine.

Sadly many people have had problems with Bootcamp on Mavericks, especially on later Macs.

Some have had success by creating the bootcamp partition with Bootcam Assistant then rebooting in to OSX and deleting that partition then creating a new exFat partition in its place, named BOOTCAMP.

That partition can then be re-formatted NTFS by the Windows installer which then makes it usable.

Others have been less successful.

If all fails Google can turn up various workarounds until Bootcamp/Mavericks get sorted out (and 8.1 becomes supported).

Why does the windows 8.1 DVD won't eject after failing to install due to a non NTFS partition?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.