Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move Final Cut Projects from internal to external?

When moving a Project from my internal drive to an external I find that in User > Movies > Final Cut Projects the files still exist despite being moved in Final Cut Pro X.

Again, all I'm looking to do is move ALL files from my internal SSD to an external RAID volume. Any ideas on how I can successfully do this?

I've read the FCPX User Manual and the forum questions, but none address why project and event files unsuccessfully transfer. : (

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Graham

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 12:22 PM

9 replies

Dec 17, 2013 2:08 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello Tom,

I moved the Project Files by command dragging inside of final cut pro X to the RAID volume.

That didn't move any of the project files however, so I then manually moved them into the RAID volume and then relinked them.

Now I'm left with this 65GB render files folder, which I assume loads the project data faster than if i did not have the render files. That's great but I'd like to be able to move them to the RAID volume without (needlessly) regenerating the files... what do you think?

Graham

User uploaded file

How do I move Final Cut Projects from internal to external?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.