Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with IPhone 4s black camera and display.. red/green lines?

Hello everybody,

Ever since I've updated my IPhone 4s black to iOS 7, my display has been very werd, I can't find anybody else on the internet, neither forums with a similar issue to mine.

Basically, my display originally showed these green lines, almost like massive spots around dark or light areas, never on webpages but on ALL of my photos, and also, every photo I take has the outline.

However recently, a bright red has been added to make it even WORSE, there is nothing that I can do to get rid of this, what's interesting, is that before the phone was purchased, literally everything was replaced, and in the back camera, instead of it just being black, it has a green tint.. although why is it showing up on my iphone.. and on my front facing camera.. which does not have a green tint to it?

It is literally the biggest hassle ever, I can no longer use the camera, at ALL.

I was just wondering, anything that can be done? has anybody had the same issue as me? Does it need a trip to the Apple Store?

I've checked already if anybody was wondering - the IPhone is not fake, so it can't be that.

Thanks for anybody that can help!:)

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 12:34 PM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2013 12:54 PM in response to Abisawave

Abisawave wrote:

what's interesting, is that before the phone was purchased, literally everything was replaced, and in the back camera, instead of it just being black, it has a green tint.. although why is it showing up on my iphone.. and on my front facing camera.. which does not have a green tint to it?

Does it need a trip to the Apple Store?

Where did you get all of this work done on the phone? If you did not have it serviced by Apple, taking it to an Apple store will not do you any good if was opened by anyone else but Apple. They will no longer service the device, even for out of warranty replacement.

It does seem to me however, that the camera sounds like it is failing.

Dec 17, 2013 1:45 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I bought it and it already had all of the work done on it, I bought it from ebay about 4 months ago, I didn't notice it had work done on it though. I'm not sure if it was serviced and fixed by Apple. I don't think there is any warranty replacement on there anyways, considering it was sold from Ebay.

It might just be that, I just want to take it to a store to see if somebody atleastly knows what the problem is, I have a feeling it might be the display with water underneith it.. but I can't conform it as I don't know what's wrong with it.

Dec 17, 2013 2:52 PM in response to Abisawave

It does sound as if there camera is the issue, since you indicate it appears with the camera. Now it sounds as if this display problem is more prevalant. If that is the case, then it very well could be the screen failing. If it is the screen or even the camera, there is the chance to purchase an out of warranty replacement from Apple, however if it is evident that the device was opened and worked on, Apple would not allow an OOW replacement. You are free to make an appointment at the Genius Bar if you like. I guess the worse they can say is no.

Problem with IPhone 4s black camera and display.. red/green lines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.