Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to make the Twitter notification banner show the whole tweet, instead of just two lines?

I am using TweetDeck for Desktop and just switched to a computer running Mountain Lion (10.8.5). I have the Notification Center configured to show Banner alerts when tweets from designated accounts are posted. Prior to running Mountain Lion, TweetDeck itself would show me a banner in the top right-hand corner of my screen, and that banner would include the full tweet.

Now that I'm on Mountain Lion, it appears that the Notification Center has taken over the alert system. However, unlike the native TweetDeck banner, the Mountain Lion notification banner is limited to two lines, which means that, unless it's a very short tweet, I can't see the full tweet that has been posted. This is VERY inconvenient, as it means that I need to either open TweetDeck or open the Notification Center in order to see the full tweet.

Is there any way to adjust the Notification Center banner to allow it to show the full tweet, instead of just the first two lines?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 2:23 PM

There are no replies.

Is there a way to make the Twitter notification banner show the whole tweet, instead of just two lines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.