Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't sync between computers!

I have two macs, one a late 2010 Macbook Pro that I use for University, and a Mac Mini Late 2012 that I use whilst at home.

I buy most of my music from the Mac Mini, but when I come to listen to it on my MBP, it won't sync! It doesn't happen the other way around because today I purchased something on my MBP and it synced fine to the MM.

I've tried all the normal proedures; turning everything on and off again, going to Store > Check for Available Downloads but still nothing! It says everything is synced up nad its not! Very annoying!

I look forward to anyones earliest reply,

Ash

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), +a Mac Mini Late '12 running 10.9.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 2:54 PM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2013 3:16 PM in response to fawkea

fawkea wrote:

I buy most of my music from the Mac Mini, but when I come to listen to it on my MBP, it won't sync!

Correct. iTunes does not sync between computers.

It doesn't happen the other way around because today I purchased something on my MBP and it synced fine to the MM.

You mean it automatically downloaded.

going to Store > Check for Available Downloads but still nothing!

Because it has already been downlaoded.

It says everything is synced up nad its not!

You mean it says everything has already been downloaded (not synced).

On both computers...

iTunes prefs > Store.

Tick Music under Automatic downloads.

Now when you purchase on one, the other will automatically download (not sync) new purchases.

iTunes won't sync between computers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.