Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5s won't charge! PLEASE HELP!

Today is the 3rd day it hasn't been able to charge.

On Friday night, my phone worked as normal. It was about 11:00 PM and my phone had 15% charge and I put it on the charger before I went to sleep. The phone was charging.

When I woke up Saturday morning, I unplugged my phone from the charger only to see it was at 60%. Initially, I thought my charger was unplugged or my brother took the extension cord I use for it, but this wasn't the case. I tried to see if the outlet was loose and I moved it in every position to no avail. I tried every outlet in my house; none of the worked. I tried my Windows computer (2012 HP Touchsmart); didn't work. The computer didn't even acknowledge that I had plugged in anything in the beginning. After a few hours of trying, I got a message saying "Power Surge on Hub Port blah blah". It was shown as "unknown USB device" on my computer and the phone was still not charging. After hours of trying, the phone finally died.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have 4 lightning cables in my house all which don't work. 2 of them are Apple and 2 are belkin. They work on my 4th gen iPad, my brother's iPhone 5, but none work on my phone. I contacted Apple and they couldn't do anything for me other than possibly replace it, but going to the Apple store is a huge hassle for me because it's so far. I want to try everything I can do before I set up an appointment with them. Has this happened to anybody and how did you fix it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 17, 2013 9:29 PM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2013 9:35 PM in response to Cbass50

Also tried on my brother's iMac and that didn't work either D:

My phone only responds when I hold the lock button for 2-3 seconds, and it has a picture of the dead battery flashing and tells me to plug in the charger even when it's plugged in.

ALSO before the phone died, I erased all data and restored it to factory settings and it STILL didnt work.

My iPhone 5s won't charge! PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.