Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7.0.4

My iphone wifi apps arn't working correctly since update of ios.

safari wont work, google apps wont work but facebook app works and apples mail app works (which also picks up my Gmail ok but gmail app wont work)

I live in a bit of a dip so 3G is poor and i rely on wifi connection at home.

any clues as to whats going on with my app to wifi????

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, vodafone

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 11:04 AM

Hey there ray968,

It sounds like some features that use Wi-Fi are working correctly but most others are not. I want to recommend these troubleshooting steps specifically from the article named:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

1. Restart your iOS device.
  2. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
  3. Tap User uploaded file and Forget this Network.
  4. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
    Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
  5. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
  6. Update your device to the latest version of software.
  7. Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware2. For AirPort Base Stations, install updates using the AirPort Utility.

And this section from down the bottom of the article if needed.

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2013 11:04 AM in response to ray968

Hey there ray968,

It sounds like some features that use Wi-Fi are working correctly but most others are not. I want to recommend these troubleshooting steps specifically from the article named:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

1. Restart your iOS device.
  2. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
  3. Tap User uploaded file and Forget this Network.
  4. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
    Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
  5. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
  6. Update your device to the latest version of software.
  7. Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware2. For AirPort Base Stations, install updates using the AirPort Utility.

And this section from down the bottom of the article if needed.

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

ios 7.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.