Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstalling and reinstalling aperture 3 with 3 disc up grades,

Hello.

Again \ As above how to , I have had aperture on my macs from day 1 . i have discs up grade from aperture 2 , and 3

i have just come back from apple after having a har ware chaeck. All OK The software technician cannot find the problem why I keep getting kernal report shut downs, mostly when using aperture, Its been fine for 3 days, Working on photoshop and deleting on external library .And also using Nick programs, before , Allot of shut down,s ..

And to day it happen again when deleting photos from the main HD , through aperture, he fans got ging as prsessing was working hard,.

So Everything , including up dates on paralells and pther programs,, Ony Aperture to go.

The main program that i feel has been causing the kernal reports, As when it shuts down, On re boot, it asks most of the time for repair.

SO Down to the nitty gritty. mac Lion mac book pro. Aperture 3,4.5 ... How do I uninstall with out losing the libray config and re install from the discs. Can I just down load the full program and intall with my keys ?

I remember having to roll back and key in the older one fist and then the latest one, When installing on this new mac. But old age , forgot how I put it all together,

Hear from you soon I hope.

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1, Lion 8 gb ram Custom HD screen. 750

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 4:38 AM

If Aperture is frequently crashing, and only Aperture, it does not necessarily mean, that Aperture is causing the crashes, it might be, that you have incompatible software installed, that installed problematic kernel extensions, start up items, or plug-ins, are preventing aperture from working correctly. Then you would need to update incompatible items or reinstall the system.

Check, if all your third party software is compatible with your current MacOS X and Aperture. If other software installed kernel extensions, this can cause Aperture to crash or panic.

I.e. check the versions of your NIK plug-ins.

See: Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

• Other reasons, that may cause Aperture to crash or panic, may be corrupted items in your Aperture library. Does Aperture crash, when you open it on a new, empty Aperture library and import some images for testing?
  • Does Aperture work with your current library, if you launch it with the SHIFT-key held down? Report back with your findings.

See this documents, on what to check: Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics

But to finally answer your question:

How do I uninstall with out losing the libray config and re install from the discs. Can I just down load the full program and intall with my keys ?

Reinstalling will not affect your Aperture library. But you cannot download an Aperture installer for a version compatible with Lion.

Move Aperture to the trash and use your Aperture 3 install disk to reinstall, then immediately use Software update to update to Aperture 3.4.5 again,without trying to run Aperture before.

The updater for 3.4.5 is here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1657

Afterwards you will have to enter all three serial numbers, for the versions 1, 2, and three.

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2013 4:38 AM in response to diveactive

If Aperture is frequently crashing, and only Aperture, it does not necessarily mean, that Aperture is causing the crashes, it might be, that you have incompatible software installed, that installed problematic kernel extensions, start up items, or plug-ins, are preventing aperture from working correctly. Then you would need to update incompatible items or reinstall the system.

Check, if all your third party software is compatible with your current MacOS X and Aperture. If other software installed kernel extensions, this can cause Aperture to crash or panic.

I.e. check the versions of your NIK plug-ins.

See: Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

• Other reasons, that may cause Aperture to crash or panic, may be corrupted items in your Aperture library. Does Aperture crash, when you open it on a new, empty Aperture library and import some images for testing?
  • Does Aperture work with your current library, if you launch it with the SHIFT-key held down? Report back with your findings.

See this documents, on what to check: Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics

But to finally answer your question:

How do I uninstall with out losing the libray config and re install from the discs. Can I just down load the full program and intall with my keys ?

Reinstalling will not affect your Aperture library. But you cannot download an Aperture installer for a version compatible with Lion.

Move Aperture to the trash and use your Aperture 3 install disk to reinstall, then immediately use Software update to update to Aperture 3.4.5 again,without trying to run Aperture before.

The updater for 3.4.5 is here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1657

Afterwards you will have to enter all three serial numbers, for the versions 1, 2, and three.

Regards

Léonie

uninstalling and reinstalling aperture 3 with 3 disc up grades,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.