Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS maps navigation

Although ios's maps is by far the best navigation assistant (I've tried google, iskobbler and one or two others, and despite the sometimes "very strange" routes it is suggesting), I still find it annoying that it's full potential only works when it is activated from a contact's address.

When entering a destination by hand and starting the route, it doesn't properly follow the way, doesn't display the route in perspective, or both.

I'd appreciate if this would get fixed as soon as possible...

Or are there hidden features/preferences?

Thank you

david

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 4:18 AM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2013 6:33 AM in response to david braun

david braun wrote:

Although ios's maps is by far the best navigation assistant (I've tried google, iskobbler and one or two others, and despite the sometimes "very strange" routes it is suggesting), I still find it annoying that it's full potential only works when it is activated from a contact's address.

When entering a destination by hand and starting the route, it doesn't properly follow the way, doesn't display the route in perspective, or both.

I don't have any problems with it when entering the destination by hand. Try the standard troubleshooting steps. Restart the app, reset the phone, restore from back up, restore as new.

iOS maps navigation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.