Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted behaviour of App Store when updating automatically

Hi

I solved my problem by shutting down my MacBook Pro and rebooting it but it may be useful to announce this problem.

What happened:

App Store notify me of an update and I choose the "reboot" option now in order to install it immediately (I shut down the machine at night)

After the installation and the reboot, Finder kept closing "unespectedly" and I wasn't even able to send the report to Apple (send button ineffective)

Trying to open the App Store = same behaviour. Nothing was funcionning anymore and the up menu bar had disapeared.

The only solution was to force closure of the Mac and restart again.

I think this is a real bug of automatic install of Mavericks.

Anyone has experienced this ?

Constance.

Mac Book, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 4:16 AM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2013 4:19 AM in response to CathyLapin

It is not a bug. The problem is that you have a corrupted installation, probably OS X 10.9.1.

Try starting up in safe mode (hold the Shift key while your Mac is starting up), and if you can, download and reinstall OS X 10.9.1 from the Apple website > http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1707

If it does not work, hold Command and R keys while your Mac is starting up, and reinstall OS X

Dec 18, 2013 7:37 AM in response to mende1

Thanks but why would I have a corrupted version when everything was going fine till then?

Only recently I installed OSX1O.9.1 from the apple store and I didn't mess up with it.

Does it corrupt itself so frequently?

I have the installation disk inside my documents (change it's location when downloaded before installing it in order to keep the installation dmg file)

Would prefer not to download again (2 hours with ethernet connection)

Unwanted behaviour of App Store when updating automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.