Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple IE DAV has stopped working

I use a PC (Windows) laptop for work and I have itunes installed and use it to manage and sync with my iPad. I use iCloud and iMatch. I also use outlook and have it synced to iCloud.

Well, all of a sudden I am now getting this message when I start my laptop up:

"Apple IE DAV has stopped working"

Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it.

Thanks...

iPad mini (Retina) Wi-Fi, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 5:22 AM

18 replies

Dec 22, 2013 6:50 AM in response to cwjhpd

Same problem started when I upgraded ti iCloud Control Panel 3.1. I was able to stop "Apple IE DAV has stopped working" by deselecting Bookmarks on iCloud Control (thanks R_H_U above). I then reselected Bookmarks on iCloud Control Panel and the message "Apple IE DAV has stopped working" no longer appears.

BUT my IE (11.0.9600) Favorites no longer sync with iPhone. Any fix?

Jan 9, 2014 5:49 AM in response to Jlexac

I had the same problem with Win 7SP1 + IE11 + iCloud 3.1 on my 32bit notebook. I solved the problem only when I re-checked my photo streaming sync in Options of Photos sync, that I left unchecked previously. So I think it is not enough unchecking and rechecking bookmarks sync, but I suggest to try with all the three options (Outlook contacts, bookmarks and photos with their 2 sub-options).🙂

Jan 29, 2014 5:35 AM in response to cwjhpd

I have the same issue. There's been so many problems lately with Apple software for me.

1) iCloud syncing (photo stream etc.) on my home PC would not work (eventually sorted itself out)

2) iTunes 11.1.4 update has messed up iTunes completely on my home PC

3) and finally....I now get this Apple IE DAV has stopped working message, on my work PC (on which I sync IE bookmarks)

What next?

Come on Apple get these things fixed, or at least reply to people on these forums!

Anyway, moaning over with.

So what is the real fix for this IE DAV message?

Jan 30, 2014 2:52 AM in response to AL71B

I get this in the Windows Application Event Log...

Faulting application name: AppleIEDAV.exe, version: 1.2.12.0, time stamp: 0x52867716

Faulting module name: AppleIEDAV.exe, version: 1.2.12.0, time stamp: 0x52867716

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000461d0

Faulting process id: 0x2020

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1da7c81d76fb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\AppleIEDAV.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\AppleIEDAV.exe

Report Id: 0e437843-899b-11e3-a206-8fb74c1a878e

Feb 4, 2014 6:06 AM in response to AL71B

Well I think I may have kicked this into life.

Here are the steps that I followed:

[Important] Backup your bookmarks, I use IE, so I exported them to a bookmarks.htm file for safe keeping. (I also deleted my Cookies and temporary Internet Files, just for good measure)

1. Uninstall iCloud control panel
  2. Reboot your PC
  3. Once rebooted. Go to your user profile area, Favorites. Delete all your bookmarks under Favorites. (C:\Users\<yourusername>\Favorites\..)
  4. Download the latest iCloud control panel from Apple. v3.1.0.40 was what I downloaded. Save the exe, don't run it yet.
  5. Right click the iCloudSetup.exe and Run As Administrator.
  6. Reboot
  7. Login, open the iCloud Control Panel. Sign in with your apple ID.
  8. I am only syncing Bookmarks. So tick Bookmarks. Options->tick Internet Explorer. Click OK.
  9. Click Apply.
  10. If you then browse (using Windows Explorer) to C:\Users\<yourusername>\Favorites\.., within seconds you should see your Bookmarks appear, downloaded from iCloud. Check with your iPhone/iPad to see if they match up.

This has worked for me so far, and there are no AppleIEDav errors (yet).

WARNING: if you currently sync your photostream, AND you sign-out of iCloud Control Panel, or if you uninstall it, I'm not sure what effect it will have the photostream on your PC. So please be cautious.

Apple IE DAV has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.