Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I Compromised?

I was GrooveShark and I accidentally tapped on of the ads. I didn't get to see what it was but I got taken to the App Store. When I exited and back to Safari my tabs were gone. I cleared cookies and cache and history under settings then went to Safari to open a bookmark but they were all gone except the starter ones. I restarted my iPod and check Safari again and they were back (luckily since they're a pain to find). I was wondering if any part of my iPod was compromised or possibly hacked in anyway. I contacted the site's help center on Twitter as well.

iPhone 3G, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 7:45 AM

Unless your iPod was jailbroken, the chances of it being compromised in any way just by visiting a web site are extremely small. This was almost certainly just a temporary glitch that was corrected when you restarted your iPod.

I would suggest backing up your bookmarks, just in case this happens again and the next time they don't come back when you restart.

Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2013 7:45 AM in response to HannaCross

Unless your iPod was jailbroken, the chances of it being compromised in any way just by visiting a web site are extremely small. This was almost certainly just a temporary glitch that was corrected when you restarted your iPod.

I would suggest backing up your bookmarks, just in case this happens again and the next time they don't come back when you restart.

Regards.

Am I Compromised?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.