Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete devices from my apple id?

I want to manage my devices in my apple id.

Tried to follow this guide but I cant find the Manage devices to click on.

I use itunes 11.1.3

"

Removing an associated device or computer from an Apple ID

To remove a device or computer from your Apple ID:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
  4. From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
  5. Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

Note: Removing a device from your Apple ID does not override the 90 day timer. The timer must complete 90 days from the day the device was associated before it can be associated to another Apple ID.

"

Where is the Manage Devices to click???

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 9:20 AM

User uploaded file

23 replies

Dec 18, 2013 11:42 AM in response to the_Björn

How/why do you want to remove them from your account ? e.g. if you are selling or giving a device away and want to unlink it from your account so that the new owner can register it to their's then you can do so via your support profile : https://supportprofile.apple.com/

A device or computer will only become associated to an account, and appear in the 'manage devices' section, if you use iTunes Match or automatic downloads on it, of if you redownload the account's past purchases on it (if you don't have any associated devices/computers then the section won't show). Have you done any of those ? You could try redownloading a past purchase on a device or computer and see if that section then shows with that computer/device listed (but if you do then it will become associated for a minimum of 90 days).

And for the hidden purchases, have you ever hidden any ? You could try hiding something and see if that section then shows : hiding and unhiding.

Dec 18, 2013 12:10 PM in response to King_Penguin

the case is as following....

i bought an used macbook and it was reinstalled withe the old users appel id.

he removed his apple id and i typed min instead. after that i realised the computer was full of his apple id stuff everywhere so i reinstalled the computer again with my apple id.

now every time i make a change in my apple id i recieve a mess to my iphone that my apple id was associated with my name on the macbook and after that i recieve a message my id is associated with the old users name of that computer.

now i want to se and manage my id so i can remove unwanted apple devices. im now using my 4:e iphone so i think maybe the old ones is still there too??

Dec 18, 2013 12:32 PM in response to the_Björn

The 'manage devices' section is iTunes store related, so I don't think is related to your problem.

Your id shows in System Preferences > iCloud, and is only your account shown in System Preferences > Users & Groups (the old owner's id isn't still listed) ? When I've added a device to, for example, FaceTime I've then got messages on my other devices and my Mac saying that a new device has been linked to my account (or wording to that effect), but that is just for FaceTime

Jun 4, 2014 12:18 AM in response to gwade24

The 'manage devices' section will only show if you have computers and/or iOS devices associated to your account i.e. you've used iTunes Match, automatic downloads or redownloaded past purchases on them. If you have then if you log into your account via the Store > View Account then you under the 'iTunes in the Cloud' section on your account's screen you should see something like Winston's screenshot. If you haven't done any of those three things on a computer or device then the Manage Devices section will be hidden

How do I delete devices from my apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.