Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match and manual sync of self-ripped audiobooks

Anyone know if manually syncing audiobooks that I've ripped from CD's is possible when using iTM for music and podcasts? I have an extensive collection of audiobooks and saved lectures (categorized as audiobooks). I don't want to save them as "music" because I lose the ability to play as 1.5x speed. Additionally, I put them in smart playlists so I can "keep track" what I've listened to. (With 30GB and hundreds of days of lectures, I keed to keep track...) I'd like to keep access to these playlists as well.

In short, I want iTM and manual syncing for those media that iTM won't.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 9:24 AM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2013 8:54 PM in response to Craig Gorsuch

For some clarification...

I know I can navigate to the Audiobooks portion in iOS and select my audiobook there, HOWEVER... I have a playlist for everyday of my Bible Reading Plan that mixes various books and chapters for each day. (Usually 2 OT chapters, 1 Psalm, 1 Proverb, 2 NT Chapters each day.) To manually navigate through each entry of each artist in "Audiobooks" would be very distracting as I listen to these playlists as I drive to work.

Hence... I want playlist support of manually synced iTM non-eligible media, and I don't have it! Anyone have a workaround?

iTunes Match and manual sync of self-ripped audiobooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.