Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notifications late

I have an iphone 5 with ios 7 installed and ever since ios 7 I am having notification problems, mostly with emails.

I thought originally it was a problem with my email Outlook.com, but since have come to think it's the phone/software

I have to constantly reset network settings to keep notifications on time. (every few days)

Notifications just seem to get more inconsistently random the further I get away from a reset of network settings.

I'm hoping it's software , as my phone is off warranty now.

It definately seemed to start with ios7, and I have the most current update.

Anyone with any help out there, would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 10:50 AM

2 replies

Dec 20, 2013 3:04 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden

Thanks for your reply.

I read through the article, and I believe these are discussing settings relating to exchange servers setup at an organization or company.

If that's so , I'm not part of using an exchange server, but I'm connecting with my email Outlook.com acct through my phone carrier 3G/LTE (Telus) and regular home and business wifi.

Unless my carrier's port settings are not right.

I would think regular wifi would be fine.

I can understand some issues with push notifications at fringe areas of my data carrier, like when I cross over to a US carrier (AT&T) and then back again, but it's like my network connections are corrupted and I have to reset network settings to get them right again seems odd.

As an example, if I leave my carrier and cross into the US and connect to AT&T , which I am not on data with, when I return to Canada (Telus) , the phone will connect to my carrier, but I can pretty well be guaranteed push notifications will be screwed up and if I don't reset network settings they will continue to be inconsistent, late, or never push until I open the mail app.

I don't know but all this happened with ios7 install it seems.

Thanks

Dan

notifications late

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.