Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch out Apple users! (Email attempting to scam)

Hey folks,
at 19:33 today I received a mail from "iTunes Store". The email was "no-reply@services.client.com".
The headline of the email read: Your account has been accessed by another machine !
I got suspicious from the get-go when I saw the obvious grammar mistake (space between machine and the exclamation mark)
The email then goes on in the following way:

"Dear Apple Customer,

To get back into your apple account, you'll need to confirm your account. It's easy: Click the link below to open a secure browser window. Confirm that you're the owner for the account and then follow the instructions.
The link will expire 72 hours after this email was sent.

Unlock Apple ID >" (The last bit was a clickable link)
I know for a fact that this is a scam attempt, firsly because of the several grammar mistakes and the unprofessional way it was worded, and secondly because Apple would never send an email asking to verify anything.
Watch out if you got such a mail! Pay close attention to what you're reading before throwing your password around!
Thanks, take care.

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 12:43 PM

There are no replies.

Watch out Apple users! (Email attempting to scam)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.