Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just set up new iMac and now cannot copy music from iPod classic to iMac.

I can't copy music from my Ipod classic to new Imac. The message from Itunes says I must restore to factory settings. I don't want to do this since there are over 3,000 songs on ipod.Please help

iPod classic, can't copy music files to iTunes on

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 1:22 PM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2013 2:31 PM in response to 1MaryAnnG

iTunes syncing is generally in one direction, from iTunes library to iPod. You cannot use iTunes to transfer song files from iPod to computer (except for songs purchased from the iTunes Store). However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links. (The CNET article seems to be popular.)

Once the song files are on your computer's drive, you can add them to your new iMac's iTunes library.

NOTE: Ideally, you should transfer your complete iTunes library from your old computer to your new computer, and not use your iPod. If you can do it that way, please post back.

just set up new iMac and now cannot copy music from iPod classic to iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.