Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor implementation: image bugs and PDF TOC non functional

I have just completed my new eBook, which I made the mistake of writing in Pages 5 (latest version).

First, the Table of Contents is no longer active in teh exported PDF.

Second, I had an awful lot of buggy behaviour in this picture-rich book. Pictures mirroring; randomly changing pages; being swapped; losing the "keep with text" option; not being able to go where I want them; etc.

But worst of all, when I try to go back by exprting to Pages 09, that seems ot work.. expcet Pages 09 then says "The document <name> couldn't be opened".

I seem stuck. Any workarounds, anyone?

Michael

PS I already announced the new book, as I was sure I;d be releasing imminently...

http://www.speedlighter.ca/e-books/ebook-impactful-travel-photography/

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 6:27 PM

14 replies

Dec 19, 2013 12:06 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Ok. It's 3am and I can't sleep. Peter, do you need my help with Mavericks? 😉 Mine purrs despite the name.

I may be off base here, but do I remember correctly a post from this year or last where someone ran up against a aggregate image size ceiling in Pages ’09 while creating a book. If that condition is in fact true, and Pages v5 increased this ceiling, but fails to check for it in Pages ’09 exports, could this be a contributing factor in the current issue?

Poor implementation: image bugs and PDF TOC non functional

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.